Installation of OSX SL after cleaning discs

Reaction score
I Guys,

New to the forum and hope you don't mind me posting an issue question straight away but struggling to find answer or help anywhere else.

I have recently purchased an model A1150 macbook pro of a friend, it came wiped and no installation disc.

By error i used a iMac installation disc, although this gets me to installer it obviously is not the correct disc. I have a box set mac os x snow leopard disc, which has not been getting past the white screen, apple logo, spinning wheel. After a little reading on forums, i put the iMac disc in to get to installer and verify and repair discs, there was actually no issues, i then put back in the OS x SL install disc, and it loaded up, i again had to go to installer and verify and repair disc, again no issue then completed a restart and all seemed to load up fine and started installation. I went out and wife or Cat had closed the laptop and message appeared error could not install. Ever since i have been trying to load up again and cannot get past the white screen, trying PR and option keys but to no avail. Any suggestions how last night it loaded fine in the end and today not a chance. The disc seems to be working as there is a reading noise coming from it but that is all.

many Thanks

Lorf

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Is it a proper snow leopard disk with a cat on it?

If you know somebody else with a mac you could try cloning the dvd to a usb stick with disk utility and try installing it from the USB stick

02diskutility.jpeg

OP
L
Reaction score
Hi louishen,

Thanks for coming back, yes it is a white disc with a Snow leopard on it and says Mac box set.

Also if i copy it how can i boot from the uSB stick? Does it actually show in the Disk utility when the USB is in?

Thanks

Lorf

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You can press the alt key on boot to display all bootable disks

If you are going to try the USB route, make sure you repartition it to one partition and in the options button choose GUID partition, then do the restore from the DVD and you have a bootable installer

OP
L
Reaction score
Hi,

Okay thanks so i saved it to my USB, trying 2 ways, copying the Install to the USB and also .cdr file, however when i try restore, i can see the USB stick and select it but the .cdr file is greyed out an un-selectable.

Sorry probably going to be "one of them"

Thanks

Lorf

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.