Where did my BlueTooth go?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D 24" and MB C2D
I just installed some updates on to my PB... the 10.4.4, the iTunes update, and the BT firmware update. I ran the BT firmware updater, and it is active for a little bit then goes idle. My BT pref pane is gone, and when I try to access the option that says "display BT status in menubar" i get a message saying that the feature is hidden because I do not have a BT module attached to the computer. HELP!

M

menace3054

try repairing permissions (under disk utility) and see if that does it. if not, try restarting.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D 24" and MB C2D
thanks for the inputs menace, did both with no luck :eek:neye:

M

menace3054

try running the firmware updater again.. if it got interupted during the update, it could be possible that the module was damaged

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
My Bluetooth disappeared once. But it wasn't the cause of an upgrade. I had too many USB devices plugged in. I unplugged them all, and Bluetooth reappeared. So unplug anything USB and Firewire plugs. Then reboot without them plugged in and see what happens.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D 24" and MB C2D
yea, that worked...i had already tried running it about 6 times when i posted, but apparently the 7th run and a restart was the charm. thanks menace.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.