next macbook pro retina display

Reaction score
Hi I currently a 2010 white macbook. I was looking to upgrade to a 13in retina display model, however I've heard horrible things about magsafe 2. I've decided I want to wait about a year before upgrading and so my question is two parts. 1st is it safe to say the next generation MBP with retina display will be out by christmas 2013 and do you think the magsafe 2 issue will be addressed. Thanks a lot.
~Dannen

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you would like a 13" Retina MBP, my advice is buy it now. No one has any idea what Apple is going to do in the future. Besides, the problem with the MagSafe 2 has been resolved.

OP
D
Reaction score
How has magsafe two been resolved?. When I referred to the problem I meant the really weak magnet. and I simply don't have the money to buy a MBP retina now. Based on previous patterns is it reasonable to say its likely to come out by then?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Apple completely re-did the MagSafe and for a while was swapping the defective ones out for free. As for future releases of the Retina line, we just don't know as Apple is very secretive about what they do. However, December 2013 is a long way off and there will likely be new releases of many Apple devices by then. The only thing we know for sure is that Tim Cook (Apple CEO) has stated that there will be a new Mac Pro in 2013.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I imagine so. Whatever Apple did to make them work better.....

OP
D
Reaction score
ok I'll just wait it out and hopefully there will be a new one by december 2013. Thanks so much
~Dannen

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.