Using Edirol UA 25-X as garage band input

Reaction score
Mac-Forums.com Contact Us Form - Garage Band Technical Help

The following message was sent to you via the Mac-Forums.com Contact Us form by john mackenzie ( mailto:[email protected] ).

--------------------------------

I want to use my edirol UA 25 EX as an input to Garage Band. Do I need to install the Edirol software on my Mac Book Air for GBand to see it as an input? Will installing the Edirol software interfere with the GBand software or drivers? thx, John

--------------------------------

Referring Page:
IP Address: 96.51.214.227
User Name: john mackenzie
User ID: 280041
Email: [email protected]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
With audio interfaces, you'll typically need to install the software driver, in your case, can be found here:

UA-25EX: 24Bit/96kHz Audio Capture | Roland U.S.

Download for whatever version of OS X you're running, then GarageBand (or any other DAW) should recognize it in your audio hardware options.

OP
J
Reaction score
Edirol UA 25 with Garage Band

I installed the Edirol Software, but neither Garage Band nor the Edirol Software can see the UA 25 device when it is connected. The device blue light does illuminate, but only when the computer is restarted with the device already connected. Either way the device is not seen and I am unable to select it as a sound input. Any suggestions?

John

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.