NAS Help

Reaction score
So I have a D-Link DNS-320 i think is the model with 2x750gb drives in a raid 1 configuration.
set my static ip and then connected it to my macbook pro on the mac side of things and it works no problem. I also booted up windows 7 with bootcamp on my mbp and mapped my NAS with no problems. But now back on my mac side when i look in the finder i can see my NAS but it comes up twice. what is this all about? the info for the one says pc and the other says mac but this doesnt make sense because its not partitioned or anything and its formatted in EX3 which is a linux format so its not like mac is reading it as journaled and windows is reading it as NTFS, they should both be reading it as EX3. Maybe im wrong here somewhere, but could someone explain why my NAS is showing up twice in finder?

Screen Shot 2012-10-27 at 2.46.26 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Did you connect it to you Mac by supplying an IP address in Finder?

If so you manually mounted it but its also being auto detected by your Mac... Hence the two entries and the manually added mount point having an eject option

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.