Adobe popup will not go away

Reaction score
Every time I click on a video link a pop up shows up in the middle of the screen. It will not go away unless I hit allow. This is what the pop up says.

Local storage

admin.brightcove.com is requesting permission to store information on your computer.

Requested: 10 KB
Used: 0 KB

Allow Deny

Has anyone else had this pop up and is there anything I can do to keep it from popping up again. The URL "seems" legit, but not really sure. I tried looking it up on this forums, but not sure if my SearchFu is working correctly this morning.

Thanks,
Patriot

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If this popup appears all the time, it would suggest that your local storage settings are set to prevent websites from storing data. Go to System Preferences > Flash Player > Storage and make sure it's set to allow sites to save information (I'm guessing that it's set to ask you each time).

OP
P
Reaction score
Vansmith,

Thanks for the reply bro. I appreciate it, what you told me to do seems to have worked. Thanks again.

Patriot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac27, Os X 10.6.6, 3.06GHz, 4GB Ram, 8GBMem, 1067MHz DDR3, 1TB HDD, Airport Extreme w/1TB HDD
Adobe pop up

Thanks Vansmith!

That worked for me too. I have no idea why it just suddenly started to occur.
I thought it was a virus as well.
Cheers!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.