rosetta installation

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm trying to install Rosetta on my Mac (OS X, 10.6.8), but to no avail. I googled my problem (and searched the forum) and apparently I'm supposed to do one of two things: either find my installation disk and get Rosetta from there, or it'll download automatically when I try to run a PowerPC file.

And therein lies my problem. I can't recall where my disk is, and I keep trying to run the PPC file in question, and nothing about Rosetta (or anything else) comes up. The application simply fails to load.

Any suggestions? Should I just bite the bullet and rummage around for the installation disk? Thanks for reading!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
If the PowerPC app fails to load, but at least has a go, then I would think rosetta is installed, since you should get the rosetta download option before the application begins to load

What application are we talking about here?

OP
H
Reaction score
okay apparently my post was deleted for some strange reason so I'll paraphrase and be brief.

1. it makes sense that I wouldn't be able to tell if rosetta was already downloaded, considering it's supposed to be hidden and behind the scenes and all;

2. the program is Hatoful Boyfriend, a Japanese visual novel game. The file itself is called "Famous Writer," is an .app, and has a weird axolotl-looking icon:

3. the game also came with an .exe version, so I'll try to run that in Wine as well.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
okay apparently my post was deleted for some strange reason so I'll paraphrase and be brief.
Your first attempt was held back - new members who link to content will generally have that content moderated (as a means of stopping any spamming).

You say that it doesn't load - do you get any error message?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.