MacBook Pro 2010 - starts - shuts 2 secs - battery dead

Reaction score
I have a MacBook Pro 2010 unibody model. Few days back my battery discharged completely and asked me to replace it. I don't want to buy it right now as I have other expenses right now. I wanted to use it on power adaptor for sometime.

So I was using it and it was working fine.. Sometimes the power adaptor would disconnect and it would die and I would again have to restart the laptop..

Used it like this for like 5 days and then yesterday it went off when the power adaptor moved by mistake.

I tried switching it on after 4 hours.

Herein in sequence what happens:

Green light on adaptor is on.
Pushed power on button
5 flash from the led in the front of the laptop.
Mac starting sound
White screen with Mac logo
Screen shuts down in 5 secs
The light on adaptor goes away
And comes back in 2 seconds..

I tried all the steps mentioned on the other sites.. I am in desperate need of help.. My work is dependent on it.. No warranty and not much money to take it into repairs right now.

Please suggest

Thanks

A

OP
A
Reaction score
Hi ,

Is there anyone here who can put some light on this issue.. I am in desperate need of help... I don't know what to do.. Should I order a new battery? Should I change the pram?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's never recommended to operate a MacBook or MacBook Pro without its battery for any length of time. Also I believe the battery in your 2010 MBP is of the type that can't be removed and is warranted for 1000 cycles. Make an appointment with Apple and see if they'll replace the battery for free.

Edit: And please do not cross post! Only post to one forum and continue with that thread until it's finished. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.