Various Problems with my Macbook

Reaction score
Hey
I have been having a lot of issues with my macbook recently, and I have a feeling that they are all related. And any help to resolve them would be much appreciated!

The first problem I've been having is the start up. My macbook takes about 15 minutes to start up, where it is just stuck on the white screen with an Apple logo. I have absolutely no applications set to run at start up, so that isn't the problem.

My next problem is the macbook freezing. Every time I open a new application, or even open a new tab in Google Chrome, my macbook freezes for a minute or so, and I get the spinning beach ball. At which point, I can't click anything, not even able to force quit the application that has caused it to freeze. Like i said, it does it with any application, so it's not a specific application thats causing it.

Another problem is the macbook running very slow in general. If I am lucky in opening a new application, and the macbook doesn't freeze, then it does still tend to go incredibly slow, and open the application much slower than it should.

These problems just came a long randomly, and wasn't due to me installing any new applications or anything. Also, I have checked my CPU and there is nothing there which is using up a lot of CPU or anything, My hard-drive is also not the problem, as I have a 250gb hard drive, and am using only about 180gb of it. My RAM is 4gb, so it shouldn't be bad at all. I am running OSX Lion, but don't have an install CD as i downloaded it off the macbook Apple Store.

The solutions that I have already tried for these are resetting PRAM and resetting SMC, but no difference. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank You!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Do a permissions repair as well with Disk Utility

And how much spare hard disk space have you got and how much RAM is installed

OP
T
Reaction score
Do a permissions repair as well with Disk Utility

And how much spare hard disk space have you got and how much RAM is installed

The permissions repair gives me the message "Warning: SUID file "System/Library/Core5...as been modified and will not be repaired."
What does that mean?

And I have 250gb hard disk space with 50gb free. RAM is 4gb.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.