Old Timer mac osx 10.4.11 g5 tower recover deleted files

Reaction score
This is in reference to 10.4.11 g5 tower. This unit is still my ol reliable. I am a dj/kj and only use mac in a world of pc dj's. Anyway in an effort to retire the g5 tower - I was moving files and somehow deleted my trash which held ALL of my thousands of Itunes files that are imperative to my job. I admit to being very tired when this happened. However, I need to find a way to recover these files - that is the brainac's D.I.Y. way as I can't afford the programs and all of the trial version haven't been compatible anyway. I sincerely need help. Thank You

Reaction score
I need to find a way to recover these files - that is the brainac's D.I.Y. way as I can't afford the programs and all of the trial version haven't been compatible anyway. I sincerely need help. Thank You

You need a free program to recover trashed files, got it.

PhotoRec (free)
can recover lost files from hard disks
PhotoRec - CGSecurity

PhotoRec requires that you run it from the command line, but it is fairly effective.

If that doesn't work out for you, and decide that you have to drop some money because you absolutely need your data back, I recommend that you take a pass on competing products, and go right for:

Data Rescue ($99)
Data Rescue 3 - Mountain Lion Recovery & Mac Recovery Software | Prosofteng
Review:
Data Rescue 3 Review - When You Must Recover Your Mac's Data

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.