Where are LDAP configurations kept?

Reaction score
I'm looking for the actual file(s), not how to get into Directory Utility. I need to look at and change settings from a script.

OP
jnojr
Reaction score
Anyone? I don't see how this can be a complete mystery... these settings have to be stored somewhere...

OP
jnojr
Reaction score
Anyone know on Monday morning?

The specific items I want to check are:

Check Content:
Open Finder.
Click the Hard Drive icon.
Double Click System.
Double Click Library.
Double Click CoreServices.
Double Click Directory Utility.
Click the Show Advanced Options button.
Click Services tab.
Click the Lock and enter the password to unlock the options (if needed).
Click the LDAPv3 service.
Click the Pencil icon.
Highlight the Server Name/Configuration Name.
Click Edit.
Click the Connection tab and verify "Encrypt using SSL" is selected. If "Encrypt using SSL" is not selected, this is a finding.
Click the Security tab and verify the "Use authentication when connecting" is checked. If option is not checked, this is a finding.
Click on Security tab and verify the "Disable clear text passwords" is checked. If the value is not checked, this is a finding.
Click on Security tab and verify the "Digitally sign all packets (requires Kerberos) " is checked. If the value is not checked, this is a finding.
Click on Security tab and verify the "Encrypt all packets (requires SSL or Kerberos) " is checked. If the value is not checked, this is a finding.
Click on Security tab and verify the "Block man-in-the-middle attacks (requires Kerberos)" is checked. If the value is not checked, this is a finding.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.