Airport wifi not working on macbook pro 17" (2007 model)

Reaction score
Macbook pro A1261 17" with high res screen

A few weeks ago my wifi stopped working although it looked like it was still connected with full signal. when I turned off airport and tried to turn it back on it would not turn on again. The only thing I could do was to restart my computer. Within an hour or so it happened again, then again and again. I was having to restart my mac 3 or 4 times a day for 2 days, then it got worst so I wasn't even getting 5 minutes. As I was busy I moved closer to the router and used ethernet cable (thanks god I'm not on a new machine without ethernet!)

I am using the same router I have been using for years from O2 and other computers and devices are unaffected.

I assumed it was the airport express card and ordered a new one. I replaced the card and the wireless connection seemed to be working again. But then a day later the problem happened again. I restarted but it was back in 10 minutes. I am back using the ethernet again.

Does anyone know what else could be causing this problem please?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.