O you poor people who bought pb's before centrino

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Ok, one example does not a trend make. Any more?

How many Mac users did the "Tough Book" lure over because of the name?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67GHz 15.2" Superdrive 1.5GB RAM
I bought my Powerbook when it was shipping with 10.3 (way back when now, yeah). I haven't upgraded the OS (mainly because I'm a poor student) but I've got everything to work the way I want to work, I've spent hours tweaking this to me. That's the main reason I won't go out and rush to buy something new everytime it comes out. I bet a lot of people have that as a reason as well.

Sure, new technology is nice.What I wouldn't give for Front Row with a BT remote (are you listening Steve?) but like what most people have said, the first generation users are merely beta-testers and emulation programmes will never run the software as well natively. I will sit back smugly while FCE renders at the maximum that this baby can handle.

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 1.2 1.25Gig RAM Emac 1.42Ghz 1GB RAM
I wouldn't be too upset if I had just bought a powerbook. The big thing, as has been mentioned, is the software. An awful lot of it will not have been ported as of yet, and will almost certainly run very slowly on a Macbook vs a powerbook. And of course this says nothing about bugs, which will surely begin to surface with this new Rosetta conversion. Perhaps in a year or 18 months, folks with powerbooks may feel some regret as software gets ported over and the macbook gets even faster, but not yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I JUST bought a new PowerBook. I was given the option to get a new MacBook instead. Apple actually put a hold on my order and asked me to call them first. I specifically told them that I did NOT want a MacBook, but rather the PowerPC G4 model instead. Being a design student, I needed to have a machine that I KNEW was going to work flawlessly with Adobe CS2 and Macromedia 8. At this point, that cannot be said about the MacBook. So no, I am in no way upset or miffed that I didn't get the MacBook. I had the chance and purposefully and intentionally turned down that chance to have one. Perhaps down the line I will get one, but for now I am extremely happy with the shiny new PowerBook G4 I just got.

:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
baggss said:
An LCD eMac would be.....an iMac? I suspect the eMac may be at the end of it's road, at least in its current form if not all together.

Ok, I don't mean to de-rail the thread, but I don't get your point.

Mac the iMac 20" and 23", give the same G4 processor eMac a 17" LCD, and reduce it's size.

Not that difficult. Not only do you add value to the iMac line (if you keep the same prices), but you give it a better position as a media-PC. And you give the eMac a fresh new look.

As for the question at hand, eh, I baught my PowerBook a month before the extra battery life+ better displays came out, but do I really care? No. It runs Final Cut at great speed, it still boots OS X Tiger, and will probably run Leopard, it has all the kinks worked out, and it's a Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.