iphone 5 or 5s

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
I currently own the iphone 5 but i was reading in a tech magazine that they are releasing the 5s in december... I was originally told this is the 5s now im confused lol

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Look at the Model Comparison chart and the Released row, that will tell you when each phone was released. The iPhone 5 was released on Sep 21th of this year. Also note that each iPhone is releasing about a year or so apart. So there will not be another iPhone announced or released until the end of 2013..

The trending in the names might indicate that the next one will be iPhone 5S and just a small bump until 2014 when the iPhone 6 comes up with more major changes..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Exactly.

So if you have the 5, I would suggest waiting 2 yrs until your contract is up and get the 6 at that time (if it meets your needs/wants). That's how I'm doing it - the 4 was my first iPhone and I just upgraded to the 5 yesterday and plan to continue this 2 yr trend.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
So you just bought an iPhone 5. Why on earth are you thinking of changing it so soon? Insecurity? Peer pressure? Why not just enjoy what you have for a while?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
So you just bought an iPhone 5. Why on earth are you thinking of changing it so soon? Insecurity? Peer pressure? Why not just enjoy what you have for a while?

I don't believe the OP indicated they were looking to switch, just asking for confirmation on the specific version since someone seemed to indicate another version was coming out within a couple of months of the last iPhone release..

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
Thanks for responses... I wasent dreaming of changing a thing was just curious when i heard about the 5s thats all

Thanks again all

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Keep in mind that what Apple does is NOT predictable. They may in fact come out with a 5S in December or they may not. Who would have thought that Apple would release an iPad 4 just six months after the iPad 3 was released? Stay tuned. ;)

C

chas_m

But to imagine that Apple would put out a new iPhone AFTER most people have already bought their holiday presents is quite frankly crazy in the extreme.

It also supposes that Apple creates these phones using dark arts and elf magic rather than human engineering and tons of man-hours of effort.

So to put it mildly, na ga ha pen. I don't know when the "iPhone 5S" will come out, but I know when it WON'T come out: December of this year. There is still such a thing as physics.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.