Upgrading to iWork and iLife '06

Reaction score
From what I've heard so far it's going to have to be a full upgrade.

Will it really be worth it ? Have to wait for the reviews I guess.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, iPod 3rd Gen, iPod Mini, iPod Shuffle, iPod Nano
i am going to keep my iwork '05 although buy the new iLife as iWeb and iPhoto etc. are the programs that i need to keep doing what i do! You can still write documents with '05 pages and not much else with '06 so for me i have just bought ilife '06, hopefully a good buy with the new iWeb included.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
iLife 06' has been fantastic so far. iWeb is incredibly easy to use and the iPhoto improvements are great

http://rmullinsphotos.com/iWeb

I threw that iWeb page together in a few minutes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I think that since the suite is fairly cheap anyway (for what you get) the lack of an upgrade version isn't that bad...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" G4 1.2 GHz iBook 768mb
So can you download and buy an upgrade to '06 if you alread have the '05s? Or do we have to pay the full $70 for it?

I just realized that the educational discount on iWork 06 brings it down to $49! I'm going to pick it up next month, as well as iLife 06, which is down to $59. I haven't even updated to 05, yet, and don't own iWork, so $99 for both seems really cheap to me. Next, after that, would probably be an upgrade to Tiger for $69.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.