New Powerbooks on Apple website...!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" i7 Unibody, HK Speakers and a Wacom A5 Wide tablet
Apple have updtaed their website and now have the full info on the New powerbooks or MacBook Pro as its called now take a look, oh yeah you can buy them too! www.apple.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.53, 4Gigs Ram, 320 HD, Snow Leopard, 500 Gig Time Capsule, 32 Gig White 3GS
I just saw them... I want one.
It’s actually two processors built into a single chip. What would the speeds be comparable too in a PC laptop? i.e 1.67 = ??, 1.87 = ?? or are they the same?

I just sold my PB for $2000 and once I get the money I will order my MacBook... man I am PUMPED!!!!

Reaction score
I'm so gutted I got my 17" Powerbook just over a week ago, which cost more than those ones! Why oh why couldn't Apple release before the christmas season. I'm going to see about taking this one back, if I can't then i'm saving the money, selling this on ebay and getting myself a MacBook Pro.

*Stabs the wall*

J

JSchultz

You can still return, but there will be a hefty fee. $400 or so for your model probably. It's worth it though. eBay may not yield the results you want due to heavy saturation at some point.

Just my speculation though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.53, 4Gigs Ram, 320 HD, Snow Leopard, 500 Gig Time Capsule, 32 Gig White 3GS
I just called and got them to take back a G5 Imac I bought for my mother, free no re-stocking fee and I am about to order my MacBook Pro (once the CC is credited with the return). I ordered the G5 on the 30th of December.

L

lil

Well, for some time yet a lot of apps are going to be running on PPC emulation which won't be that fast.

Once you venture beyond 10.4.4, iLife and iWork; for some time yet you are in emulation territory.

It's creativity that creates creativity, not specs and and speed stats.

Vicky

Reaction score
LastZion said:
What would the speeds be comparable too in a PC laptop? i.e 1.67 = ??, 1.87 = ?? or are they the same?

Considering you can get the exact same processor in a PC or the even faster Core Dual T2500, which runs at 2.0Ghz...

edit: Didn't realize they made a Core Dual T2600(2.16Ghz)

Reaction score
After much thought i've decided to stick with my powerbook, it's way faster than anything i've ever used anyway, including my iMac g5. New hardware from apple is prone to problems and i'd prefer to wait untill the big switch is over before buying my first MacIntel. Next year perhaps :mac: <3 for PowerBooks (MacBook Pro doesn't sound as cool anyway..)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.