2011 iMac 2.7GHz 21.5"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Anyone know the PSU/mobo pinouts on this one?

I would be wicked-grateful!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OP
corvaxmuzzy
Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestion. That was one of the first sites I checked.

I would love to find this info.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Thank you for the suggestion. That was one of the first sites I checked.

It always helps if you let us know what you've already done. That way if you've already done something (such as checked ifixit.com)…then we can cross that off the list of ideas.

The initial post didn't mention having already done some research…so if there is anything else that you've already done…please let us know…so we don't suggest it.:)

- Nick

OP
corvaxmuzzy
Reaction score
It always helps if you let us know what you've already done. That way if you've already done something (such as checked ifixit.com)…then we can cross that off the list of ideas.

The initial post didn't mention having already done some research…so if there is anything else that you've already done…please let us know…so we don't suggest it.:)

- Nick

1. I searched the Internet for the information, checking dozens (hundreds) of websites (I am not going to list all of the websites).
2. I could not find the information.
3. I registered at mac-forums.com.
4. I found the "introduction" thread & introduced myself.
5. I started a thread in the Apple Desktops forum.
6. I received strange replies.

My question is technical & very, very specific in nature. If you do not know the answer to the question, please do not post in this thread.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
My question is technical & very, very specific in nature. If you do not know the answer to the question, please do not post in this thread.

What "strange replies" did you receive? You received two replies to your question both of which were from Staff Members.

Keep in mind that you're here in a peer to peer user forum where folks volunteer their time. If we're not technical enough for you with our suggestions, then perhaps you might need to go elsewhere for your answer.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If you do not know the answer to the question, please do not post in this thread.
That's not how forums work.

If you want an answer from us, you're going to have to let us ask questions. There's nothing wrong with doing that.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Might I suggest a book?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

What you're not considering is (in my earlier reply)…I was trying to help you get an answer to your question…by helping you to formulate better more "information rich" questions. The more info you give us regarding your situation…the better we can help you.

Your initial post (you have to admit)...was very very thin on information. Then when someone did suggest something (chscag)…your reply was…"That was one of the first sites I checked." If you had told us that info upfront…then we could have skipped suggesting it.

Please be a bit more patient with your replies…we're just trying to help!:)

- Nick

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Frankly that information is most likely not available unless someone has gone through the trouble of mapping out the voltages or taking apart a system. I doubt Apple publishes the pinouts and whatever is available for the older iMacs are from enterprising individuals with a volt or ohm meter..

If you have either of those, perhaps you can try to figure out the connections, or at least the relevant ones you are interested in yourself..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm just trying to fit in here.
If that were true, you wouldn't come in here and respond to members telling them what to do. If you want to fit in, you have to fit yourself into the community and part of that is building discussion. This is more than just a help site.

OP
corvaxmuzzy
Reaction score
If that were true, you wouldn't come in here and respond to members telling them what to do. If you want to fit in, you have to fit yourself into the community and part of that is building discussion. This is more than just a help site.

Not for long...

I see that my attempt at humour has gone awry.

I meant no affront.

I posted "Please." to remind you that I said please.

I have seen many threads in this forum. I seem to be the only one who has been asked to list all of the websites he checked? Surely you all do not support that request? I am not sure why I was singled out?

The information I requested is specific. Specific like:
connector_atx_pinout.GIF

(ATX Pinout)

I realise that there is a danger in mixing emotions & humour in text. If I were comfortable using emoticons, I would have used them. I just do not like them.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I meant no affront.

Of course you did…back in post #4 when you insulted me…when I was trying to help you to inform us what you had already done in terms of research…so that we didn't suggest the same solutions.

I have seen many threads in this forum. I seem to be the only one who has been asked to list all of the websites he checked? Surely you all do not support that request? I am not sure why I was singled out?

Take a look at post #3 where you replied to "chscag's" suggestion to check ifixit.com. You said "That was one of the first sites I checked."

When I replied to that post…what I was asking you to do is…give us a better idea of what you had already done trying to find an answer to your question…so we didn't continuously suggest solutions that you have already found not helpful in your research.

Again…if you look at your 1st post in this thread…you gave us VERY little information as to what you had already done to find an answer. But in post #5 (after I posted asking you to tell us what you had done so far in terms of research)…you told us that you had already checked hundreds of websites.

Thus how are we to know (based on the very minimal info given in post #1)…that you had already checked hundreds of websites???:Confused:

Again…you were not singled out for anything! But if you had already checked hundreds of websites for an answer BEFORE posting on Mac-Forums…don't you think that information would have been helpful to tell us upfront??

We don't want to waste your time or our time…posting suggestions (or websites) that you already know do not contain the answer to your question!

- Nick

OP
corvaxmuzzy
Reaction score
Nick,

I often can not distinguish if someone is being serious or is being facetious. I assume you are being genuine...

My request to keep the thread on-topic was met with belligerence & sarcasm. One of the great reasons to stay on-topic is for people (like silly me) who are trying to research (web search). Instead of trawling through multiple pages of people "having a go" at the new guy or posting LMGTFY replies, on-topic information assures that one can see germane replies (which directly lead to content-rich forums).

I am trying to find uncommon information. I tried my best to search for answers on the Internet. I did not make a list of sites visited. I should add that I do not claim to be the best web-searcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.