2011 iMac 2.7GHz 21.5"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Well this thread is getting onto #21 posts with not much resolution for the OP . . . .

Mate we are a community of Mac Enthusiasts so engage with us. Goive us a little background as to what your doing to want this information. I would bet that there are curious Techs in the community, but after seeing your initial reaction couldnt be bothered asking of doing research for you . . . . Give a little, receive a little ;)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Nick, I often can not distinguish if someone is being serious or is being facetious. I assume you are being genuine...

My request to keep the thread on-topic was met with belligerence & sarcasm. One of the great reasons to stay on-topic is for people (like silly me) who are trying to research (web search). Instead of trawling through multiple pages of people "having a go" at the new guy or posting LMGTFY replies, on-topic information assures that one can see germane replies (which directly lead to content-rich forums).

I am trying to find uncommon information. I tried my best to search for answers on the Internet. I did not make a list of sites visited. I should add that I do not claim to be the best web-searcher.

First things first. You sound like a pretty intelligent person!:) Thus I'm sure you know that every internet forum has it's own personality/culture. And I will admit…many internet forums out there are like the Wild, Wild, West…where anything goes…cursing, flaming, teasing, joking, spamming, trolling…and making fun of the new guy.

At Mac-Forums we try our best to be different. We have a set of clearly stated Community Guidelines…and we enforce them!

Sure we joke, tease, get sarcastic, even cynical sometimes, as well as go off topic. etc….but we do not allow bullying, cursing, spamming, unauthorized advertising…or anything that takes away from someone having an enjoyable, positive, and safe experience here at Mac-Forums.

If someone breaks the rules…they are warned, then penalized, then suspended, and finally banned if the unacceptable behavior continues. Certain infractions (such as spamming or trolling) will receive an immediate ban!

Because you are new to Mac-Forums…and not familiar with the personality/culture of the forum (as well as individual personalities of members)...I think that you misinterpreted my 1st post in this thread as being sarcastic…which was certainly not true…I was only trying to help.:)

Give things a little time. Get to know the forum…and get to know the members. If you receive replies that are not helpful (or you think are not helpful)…just ignore them. All threads are open areas for discussion. Everyone has an opinion (helpful or not).;)

- Nick

p.s. As far as listing all the sites that you visited prior to posting on Mac-Forums. No one is expecting you to list each and every site. But there are 5-10 sites (maybe more) that we reference quite frequently…and iFixit.com is one of them.:) Like I mentioned…we don't want to waste your time or our time suggesting solutions or websites…you've already visited. The more info you can give us upfront…the faster we can come up with a solution (if someone on the forum is aware of one).:)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
First things first. You sound like a pretty intelligent person!:) Thus I'm sure you know that every internet forum has it's own personality/culture. And I will admit…many internet forums out there are like the Wild, Wild, West…where anything goes…cursing, flaming, teasing, joking, spamming, trolling…and making fun of the new guy.

At Mac-Forums we try our best to be different. We have a set of clearly stated Community Guidelines…and we enforce them!

Sure we joke, tease, get sarcastic, even cynical sometimes, as well as go off topic. etc….but we do not allow bullying, cursing, spamming, unauthorized advertising…or anything that takes away from someone having an enjoyable, positive, and safe experience here at Mac-Forums.

If someone breaks the rules…they are warned, then penalized, then suspended, and finally banned if the unacceptable behavior continues. Certain infractions (such as spamming or trolling) will receive an immediate ban!

Because you are new to Mac-Forums…and not familiar with the personality/culture of the forum (as well as individual personalities of members)...I think that you misinterpreted my 1st post in this thread as being sarcastic…which was certainly not true…I was only trying to help.:)

Give things a little time. Get to know the forum…and get to know the members. If you receive replies that are not helpful (or you think are not helpful)…just ignore them. All threads are open areas for discussion. Everyone has an opinion (helpful or not).;)

- Nick

p.s. As far as listing all the sites that you visited prior to posting on Mac-Forums. No one is expecting you to list each and every site. But there are 5-10 sites (maybe more) that we reference quite frequently…and iFixit.com is one of them.:) Like I mentioned…we don't want to waste your time or our time suggesting solutions or websites…you've already visited. The more info you can give us upfront…the faster we can come up with a solution (if someone on the forum is aware of one).:)

In other words, Garbage In, Garbage Out (GIGO)... hence the reaction to your posts.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have done quite a bit of searching for you but so far not found anything. If I do I will for sure post it.

I did find posts from you on other forums asking the question!

I have a lot of Apple repair manuals but none that new.

OP
corvaxmuzzy
Reaction score
harry,

Thank you for the manuals. Unfortunately, those manuals are are not technical enough.

-

travis,

Are your manuals of the "Apple Technician Guide" variety?

-

To all of the off-topic posters & preachers:
Go tickle a baby!

--

As I understand it, all of the 2009-2011 iMac 205W PSUs are the same. I say that in case someone has info on one of the earlier PSUs.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Thank you for the manuals. Unfortunately, those manuals are are not technical enough.

Since no one seems to be "technical" enough for you, why don't you carry your 21.5" iMac in to your local Apple store or authorized Apple repair service center and ask them to run diagnostics on your power supply. Maybe if you're nice to them they'll even make a copy of the pin out voltages for you.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Since no one seems to be "technical" enough for you, why don't you carry your 21.5" iMac in to your local Apple store or authorized Apple repair service center and ask them to run diagnostics on your power supply.
I'm inclined to agree. The information you're looking for is likely unavailable online and your best bet is to contact Apple yourself.

OP
corvaxmuzzy
Reaction score
Since no one seems to be "technical" enough for you, why don't you carry your 21.5" iMac in to your local Apple store or authorized Apple repair service center and ask them to run diagnostics on your power supply. Maybe if you're nice to them they'll even make a copy of the pin out voltages for you.

I do not have a 21.5" iMac. I do not have a local Apple store. I do not have a 21.5" iMac PSU.

I was not being negative. The manuals did not address voltages. No need to get nasty. I thanked travis & harry. They were trying to help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
2011 iMac 2.7GHz 21.5"

Anyone know the PSU/mobo pinouts on this one?

I do not have a 21.5" iMac. I do not have a local Apple store. I do not have a 21.5" iMac PSU.

That's strange? Then why did you post the above in your first post and make a case of it that we were not "technical" enough with our answers? And why then did you post the same thing in several other forums?

No need to get nasty. I thanked travis & harry. They were trying to help.

No one's getting nasty. The only person making sarcastic remarks and insulting the staff is you:

To all of the off-topic posters & preachers:
Go tickle a baby!

Anyway, I believe we're finished here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Can i ask why you need this information ?? Being a bit of a fiddler with all things, mind you not the best at "sparky" stuff, im curious as to what you are doing/wanting to do/ are in the middle of ??

And letting us in on what your trying to do, might just open the right door to the right person to get a solution for you that your happy with. And no its not off topic or a preacher, but if you see as such i am, then i dare say your not going to get a lot of help.....
Apart from saying you would be wicked grateful for having the pinouts, you really havnt done a great deal to give us something to go on....

Cheers

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Anyway, I believe we're finished here.
Agreed. It has become clear in this thread that not only do none of us know the answer but the discussion will continue to focus on unproductive and selective parts of your earlier posts. I think we're done here.

Final piece of advice - as I noted, contact Apple or an authorized service provider. This type of information is incredibly specific and you'll have better luck with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.