Mac Book Pro Help(Computer only runs in safe mode)

Reaction score
Unless in safe mode my mac has distorted font, runs slow, won't open applications, and generally doesn't work right. What can I do? I tried using the os x disk to repair the hard drive, and it said repair was successful. I booted up and I still had the same symptoms. I really don't want to restore it because I didn't(and I know it was stupid) backup my hard drive. I guess I was lulled into a false sense of security because Macs aren't supposed to do stuff like this.

Any help would be appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
I was lulled into a false sense of security because Macs aren't supposed to do stuff like this.

Who said so? Like any other electro-mechanical device, Macs WILL FAIL. And "when" is unpredictable.

You can restore from the recovery partition or Install DVD. A re-install Does Not erase/overwrite your personal files. What OS X version are you using?

OP
G
Reaction score
Okay, thank you for your help. I had never even used a mac before this one and it was my uncle's. So, it's second hand. He gave it to me when he bought a new one. I've had it about a month and I've been trying to figure it out. Alot of people tell me that Macs are just so much better than PCs. I was told that they are just more dependable. I may have messed something up while I was playing with it or it could have been something my uncle has done. The OS X version is Leopard 10.5(I think).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
If the restore DVD is 10.5, you can reinstall using the Archive & Install "option" in the installer - it reinstalls the operating system but keeps your files.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.