Airplay and iphone 5 combo restrictions?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm going back and forth between buying an iphone 5 with apple tv or samsung galaxy s3/galaxy note 2 and samsung allshare cast hub. Essentially Ii'd like to be able to use my phone to run games and surf the internet along with with watching movies I've downloaded (which aren't usually from iTunes). So my decision here is between ios and android. I would be 100% down with ios as apple is better but I'm afraid of the restrictions that ios places on airplay. I've heard heard there are only a few apps that are compatible and you can run only itunes content.

The thing about the android phones is that they will mirror exactly what's on my phone screen to the hdtv (via allshare cast hub which is a wireless hdmi link). I know the internet browser will work and that all games and apps will be compatible with the hdmi streaming device. But the downside is that it's android and I don't trust build quality of companies like samsung.

Can anyone tell me what is restricted on airplay/iphone 5 now? I know you use to not be able to airplay safari search engine. The internet browser is the most important thing to me and I'd like to be able to stream all apps and video streaming services from my phone.

Can I stream other internet browsers as well like firefox? Will the splashtop app work with iphone 5 and airplay?

Thanks for the help!

C

chas_m

Your impressions are mistaken. The iPhone 5 can be used to mirror any and all content to a TV.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.