What laptop would you recommend?

D

drumminelsewher

Hey all, first post here and I searched the sight but I couldn't find any help on the question I have that really answered what I needed to know.

My whole life i've been a PC user, and I'm quite fed up with the whole windows thing, errors, viruses, spyware, it's annoying and i'm getting tired of errors and problems.

So for my next computer (a laptop) I was really considering a MAC powerbook.

I've searched around and basically I need a computer that really excels in music editing and recording, and then does graphics and gaming second followed by the web surfing and stuff like that.

I just have a few questions and perhaps some of you guys can help me.

I also hear that compatibility issues are Apples biggest downfall, will I not be able to have word and programs like that?

So overall what would you guys recommend as far as powerbooks go? Or should I wait for a little while and see what apple will be releasing?

I understand that these questions are probaly always asked here, and honestly I searched on the site but I couldn't find the exact answers I was looking for. If anyone could help me out by answering any of those questions it would be really appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
you'll find everything you need in the Switcher Hangout forum, trust me. Good luck. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.53, 4Gigs Ram, 320 HD, Snow Leopard, 500 Gig Time Capsule, 32 Gig White 3GS
Best thread ever!
I needed a laugh.

OP
T

thoughtCoat

haha. Is that actually a term people use? taco bell styles?

Actually it's a quote from my favorite webcomic, Achewood: http://www.achewood.com/

Here is the series it is from:

comic.php

comic.php

comic.php

comic.php

Best webcomic ever. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.