using a epson stylus 3000 on a imac 27"

gss

Reaction score
morning all....

i'm after some advice / info if possible please.

i own a 27" imac running osx 10.6.8. a friend of mine had kindly offered me an old epson stylus 3000 printer which i want to use for printing onto film just using the black ink so i can create transparencies for using with my silkscreen print set-up.

does anyone know if it will be possible for me to get this printer working with my machine. also i'm presuming i might need some special cable / adapter to do this.

i already own a small brother printer which would have been fine to use but it only goes up to a3 size and i need to be able to output at a2 size.

will there be drivers available to make this work??

any help with this very much appreciated

many thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Your best bet would be either to install the additional Epson drivers from your Snow Leopard disk (its in the additional installs folder and see if there is a driver in there, and connect the printer via ethernet, possibly directly.

If that doesn't work then consider running XP and use its drivers by running a virtual machine of Windows

Either way, without the Epson Stylus RIP software you can make a PDF of any file you need to print and print from Acrobat or Preview

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.