Can I use my iMac with my Apple TV instead of my iPad?

Reaction score
I am wondering how you connect an iMac to your Apple TV period! I use wireless and use my iPad to play Pandora and mirror to the tv. Is there a way to use my iMac instead?

Thanks,

LG

Reaction score
That depends on which iMac you own.
If its pre 2011, you can't, If you have anything later, go to System Prefs/Displays and in the right bottom corner there's the option for Airplay.

SM

OP
L
Reaction score
That depends on which iMac you own.
If its pre 2011, you can't, If you have anything later, go to System Prefs/Displays and in the right bottom corner there's the option for Airplay.

SM

Is there a way to tell, I don't remember exactly when I bought it?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
Does Pandora have a web app (I cant look at work, it is blocked)? If so, just use the iPad to remotely control your iMac and run Pandora from the web on the iMac.

Unfair? Upgrades happen, it is the fact of technology and what is new will eventually become un-upgradeable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.