Nothing else has been able to answer my question, please help!

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Power Mac G5 1.8 GHZ running on OSX 10.4.11. Someone in my household slows down the internet so badly that I can barely even go on the internet, and when I play games my chats take 10 seconds or up to actually show up. Anyways, on my router I am able to give in my MAC address and set how many GB/s of download speed I would like. The only problem is that I cannot for the life of me find my MAC address! I do not use an airport card, I just use some Asus adapter I bought at a computer store. Everyone says "just click on the airport in network or in "about this mac"!" First of all, in network there is NOTHING that says "airport" anywhere! I have looked through it countless times, I memorized it better than the back of my hand. When I press "Airport card" in "more info" it says "no information found." If anyone could please help me, and if you need I could make a video and put it on youtube showing my problem more thoroughly. Thank you.

Brian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
System Preferences > Network > Choose your adapter > Advanced > there should be a Ethernet tab. click it and the ethernet id is your MAC address

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i meant to let you know i'm running 10.6.8, but the differences in these areas are slight.

Reaction score
go to terminal app. type ifconfig then return. Look for the setting that contains your IP address. the mac address will be in the same group.

example:
en1: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,SMART,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
ether 70:56:81:97:e2:fd
inet 192.168.123.106 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.123.255
media: autoselect

The orange part is you MAC address.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.