iMovie 9 - Step by Step tutorial needed

Reaction score
Good morning.

After using iMovie for hours and on numerous occasions, watching multiple iMovie tutorials and even asking folks who use the tool some questions, I've struggled with learning to use iMovie. I get into the tool, and am able to complete certain elements, but I'm not able to consistently replicate tasks.

The bottom line is, once again, I have about 10 seconds of video I want to remove from within two places in a single video clip. It should be easy to select the two seconds of video I want to remove, click a delete option and it would be removed. But I'm not able to do that.

I have attempted splitting a clip into two, thinking I could trim the end but I still couldn't remove the clip. I'm very familiar with many different software tools and products, even train people on how to use selected technology but I'm just not connecting with iMovie as well as Id like to be and to accomplish what I need to accomplish.

Can you recommend literally a step by step, iMovie for dumbies tutorial, that will allow me to better understand the framework for setting up a project and removing a few seconds of video from within a single movie clip.

Thanks so much to whoever is willing to respond.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
The bottom line is, once again, I have about 10 seconds of video I want to remove from within two places in a single video clip.
Click on your clip in the Events Library and you will get a yellow box. Drag that yellow box so that it includes all of the video to the left of the bit that you don't want. Then drag that selection into your Project. Repeat the above, but drag the yellow box so that it includes all of the video to the right of the bit that you don't want.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.