C Programming on Mac

N

NiceKidDoRoxx

I still use Borland C/C++ on my college. now, after I bought iBook, it's very difficult to find the substitute for it. Are there any free C compiler *like borland c/c++* for mac?

I tried XTools 2.2, but it was too complicated for me...

thx b4.

Reaction score
I build Mozilla products on the Mac and it took me notime at all to get up and running on the free Mac tools. I'd give it another shot. You might also take a look at the directions for getting Mozilla set up for building as this should give you everything that you need as well.

OP
L

lil

XCode 2.2 is not tricky if you actually take some time to read the documentation.

It is very good and worth sitting down and reading for a while, it will pay dividends instead of trying to dive in and expecting it to all come immediately.

The trick is that you are using an IDE in XCode and you need to use the New Project menu; if you want to build command line only stuff; go down to Foundation Tool in the project type.

After that, please read the documentation supplied.

Vicky

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
NiceKidDoRoxx said:
I still use Borland C/C++ on my college. now, after I bought iBook, it's very difficult to find the substitute for it. Are there any free C compiler *like borland c/c++* for mac?

I tried XTools 2.2, but it was too complicated for me...

thx b4.
I'm not trying to be sarcastic or mean, but if you can figure out how to program in C, you can figure out how to do it using gcc/Xcode.

OP
N

NiceKidDoRoxx

second try... yup! i've read some o the manual too. love it! :)

/*it's my very first year in college, and i use borland c about 2/3 month, just started to learn c... so i'm still a total n00b :dummy: hehehe.... */

a question :

~ so i can't use conio.h and dos.h ,since it's a dos-related (?) i still need it... any substition?

thx everyone! :)

OP
L

lil

Well it seems peculiar you have been taught the non-ANSI standard C which can do all the file IO and so forth.

here is an example to get you going:

/* example.c */

#include <stdio.h>

main()
{
int x, y;
x=5;
y=10;
printf("Hello World. x = %d and y = %d\n", x, y);
}

/* end */

stdio.h is the standard file IO include.

Do a google search and you should find many tutorials.

Vicky

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.