Machine freeze when booting up

V

vers

When my machine starts to boot up, first there is a globe that keeps blinking, and then a ? mark over a folder. After it goes thru that, then it brings up the apple, with the load circle, the load circle then freezes and nothing. Or sometimes I will get prompted to reboot my machine in 3 or 4 different launguages.
I tried starting up my machine and holding down the Command & V, then i get the following error:
Can not map module files (multiple files)
Cant check loader address of modules (multiple files)
A Link/Load error occured for Kernel Extension.
WARNING Block on volume (hard drive name) not allocated.

I have an IBook G4 1.2....

Can anyone help with this issue, I dont care if I have to wipe out the computer and reinstall OS X...

if more info is needed, ask and I will retrieve what ever I can.
Thanks in advance.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Normally when you see the globe (earth), the system is searching for a start up drive. In this case a network boot disk. My guess, is that you may have a corrupted system. Can you start the system in single user mode? Reboot the system when you hear the chords, press command-s.

OP
V

vers

rman said:
Normally when you see the globe (earth), the system is searching for a start up drive. In this case a network boot disk. My guess, is that you may have a corrupted system. Can you start the system in single user mode? Reboot the system when you hear the chords, press command-s.

Yes it allowed me to boot in single user mode, now its asking for localhost:\root#
what do I do from there?
THanks alot...

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Okay part of your OS is working fine. You should have seen a line with something like /sbin/fsck and so on. I forget what the exact line is. Run that command at least twice to fix any disk problems. Once that is done, enter exit at the problem. Your system should continue to bitt up. Hopefully, it will come all the way up. Once it is completely up. GO to system preferences and make sure your start up disk is pointing to your system disk.

OP
V

vers

Ok I tried to runt he command /sbin/fsck -y I got the following message:
root file system
checking HFS plus volume
invalid extent entry
(6, 58342894)
volume check failed

does that mean anything, and what should I do next...
Again thanks for even taking time out of your day to answer these questions...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.