Video/Graphics Cards for Mac Pro 1.1

Reaction score
I was working in Ableton Live the other day and my screens froze resulting in me having to reboot my Mac Pro 1.1 with the front power button. On reboot I saw the Apple logo, very fuzzy and distorted, and then just white screens. I figure my video card has died because I can even run a hardware test or see anything other than white even when trying to boot in safe mode. In addition one of my monitores has been distorting and getting fuzzy over the last couple of weeks.

Now Im looking for a new graphics card and it seems like my only choice, thats actually available, is this:
ATI Radeon HD 5770 Graphics Upgrade Kit for Mac Pro (Mid 2010) - $269 CN

I was wondering if the VisionTek 900431 Radeon HD 5770 Video Card would work.

I have read a few posts about not being able to see the boot screen, which I could easily live without at the moment. This VisionTek card is more suitable as I have 2 DVI monitors and would have to spend another $20-25 on a DVI to Mini Display adapter if I must use the ATI Radeon HD 5770.

Any help and past experience would be appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.