unchecking checked songs in iTunes 10 on a mac

Reaction score
Since I downloaded iTunes 10 almost all of the songs on my iTunes are checked. When I plug my iPhone into my MacBook Pro, it starts syncing the checked songs. Yikes! Is there any way to uncheck the checked songs? I'm afraid to plug my iPhone into my Mac!!! I tried the command/a control/click and it doesn't work. Any other solutions seem to be geared to either making the check marks disappear (not a solution for me) or geared to pc (yech). HELP!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Do you want to uncheck all the songs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Have you gone to the iTunes/Preferences/Devices and made sure you have the "Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from automatically syncing" box checked ?? If you have this checked you wont have your iPhone start to sync straight away and this will give you time to set the preferences and uncheck your songs.
Not sure why it happened but at least this gives you time to do what you need to do.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
C

chas_m

To mass-uncheck (or mass-check) songs: hold the COMMAND key down while checking or unchecking one song.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.