Apple TV

Reaction score
Hi I am new to this site and to Apple :)
I have the apple tv set up and it was working fine, now it takes forever to stream films through. I have done all the updates necessary but am lost to what to do next. Can anyone help. I have checked our airplay and modem etc etc all is 100%. Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM
you may also want to do a network inventory as well. I was having issues a while back, and found out it was my router that was the issue. I thought I bought a decent N router, but once a G-only device hit the network, my streaming went to crap. I replaced it with a Dual-band N router (AirPort Extreme) and set up a network for the non-N devices and all my troubles went away. A single G device can tank your streaming

Besides, routers do get old and will fail. Same for the Modems.

OP
M
Reaction score
Hi, thank you for your help. I think we may need a new router as its 4 years old.
I am not technical to be honest and very new to Apple, have always been a PC user.
I will do the speed check that you have suggested and look into upgrading the router just in case. Thank you :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.