Aggravated at my Airport express

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
I am trying to connect my g4 ibook to both an airport express and a linksys wireless router. I have my internet being broadcasted wirelessly using the linksys router. I have an airport express connect to a usb printer and my stereo. I cannot read any signal from my airport express. Is it possible to connect to both a router for internet and an airport for printing and music at the same time? Can an airport extreme wireless card in my computer handle 2 connections at once? is there any reason why my airport express wouldn't be broadcasting a signal? I had it hooked up to broadcast my internet at one point and it worked flawlessly, but i have to move it away from my cable modem, so i bought the linksys. Is it possible to connect to both at once? If so, how?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200
Not possible to connect to both at the same time but why not just use the express for everything?

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
Thanks for the info, unfortunately my cable modem is in an area that i really don't want my printer and my stereo. They are in different rooms.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.6 ghz G5, Dual Monitors / 17" PowerBook 1.33 / 12" iBook
Get another Airport Express to act in place of the Linksys. Then you can use them to expand your network and handle the printer and such. I have 3 in my house and have the printer on a satellite express. I also have hardware connected to the two satellite expresses by the Ethernet port using the expresses as a wireless bridge to non-wireless devices. Whole thing works seamlessly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Why not simply set up the airport express on the same network as the linksys? Is there some reason they won't work together? Set the airport up to be a part of the network with the linksys as the master. The Airport can then be accessed as part of the main network with no issues, and you can print/play music all you want.

Reaction score
Why not simply set up the airport express on the same network as the linksys? Is there some reason they won't work together? Set the airport up to be a part of the network with the linksys as the master. The Airport can then be accessed as part of the main network with no issues, and you can print/play music all you want.

How would you go about setting the airport up to be a part of the network with the linksys as the master?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Not sure if this will work with the LINKSYS but it will with the Airport Extreme
as the wireless router and up to 3 Airport Express as a slave.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
How would you go about setting the airport up to be a part of the network with the linksys as the master?
Open up Airport Utility and under the wireless options there should be a "join wireless network as a client" option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Not sure if this will work with the LINKSYS but it will with the Airport Extreme
as the wireless router and up to 3 Airport Express as a slave.

You'd need to use an Airport Extreme or Time capsule if you wanted to connect the Express to extend the range of the network.

But to act as just a client on the network the airport express will be fine with the linksys router.

As Aptmunich says just configure the Airport Express as a client and connect the ibook and the Airport Express to the wireless network created by the Linksys router.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.