Right shift key wont work to modify 1-9 keys

Reaction score
I just bought a 2nd hand macbook (late 2008 unibody aluminum unibody) with the 2.0 ghz processor, and everything seems to work fine except for the right shift key combined with the 1-9 keys. They work with the left shift key, and the right shift key works with all of the other keys, but they just wont work together. I have tried making a new user account, looking at the onscreen keyboard viewer (which shows them all modified when I hit the right shift key but still wont let me use the !@#$%^&*( symbols with that key. Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a fix? I think the keyboard must be fine because all the keys work independently but I'm stumped.

Reaction score
Hi

It's worth making sure that that particular button (right shift key) has been asigned to something or some function. It's in the settings and then under keyboard.

Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.