Calendars - Outlook and iCloud... Aaargh!

Reaction score
Trying to get my head round iCloud to share a calendar, my Office 2011 calendar from my Macbook, to other devices. It is driving me up the wall.

I have iCal which was on the Macbook as default, Entourage from old version of office still appears in iCloud for some reason, and have Calendar from Office 2011

How do I clean this all up, to only have 1 calendar??? Its got me stumped. 1st thing on Mac that has done this

Any help/pointers much appreciated!

OP
M
Reaction score
...I should also say, I want the Outlook calendar to be the calendar I use. I want to see the calendar entries from here on my iPhone and iPad, along with the wife's iPad...

OP
M
Reaction score
and now I have calendar cache in my library and one in trash. cannot delete either as both are apparently in use.

Wish I had never started this tonight

C

chas_m

From your use of the term "iCal," I'm wondering if you're sufficiently updated system-wise to get this to work. What version of OS X are you using?

OP
M
Reaction score
10.5.8... I have an August 2008 Macbook, so don't think I can get this any more up to date?

Reaction score
Outlook 2007-2013 or else EVO Collaborator for Outlook

:) Hi.

Have you tried with Outlook 2007 or 2013? Cuz I see this issue pop up in more places with people using Outlook 2011.

If that does not fix the issue, I might suggest trying an Outlook add-in like im doing.
Try EVO Collaborator for Outlook. It works flawlessly for me (2-way sync)
We also use it to sync several devices in our household on it together.

here is a related blogpost :

http://outlookandmacosxserver.blogspot.com/2014/10/synchronize-iclouds-contacts-and.html

C

chas_m

The big problem you're having is that you're running a system that is seven years old. I'm surprised you don't have a litany of complaints about it -- flash and java not working, no security updates (for YEARS now), hard to find software ... I don't even understand how you're using iCloud *at all,* since it requires at least 10.6.8 ...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.