PB 15" Battery Upgrade

M

menace3054

Just a heads up.. theres an upgrade for 15" Al powerbooks, hopefully it will actually work and make my battery last longer than 2 hours!

OP
B

Biturbo V12 AMG

battery life has to do a lot with your computers settings. i have the same computer as you and i can get 3hours+ no problem. make sure you cut your brightness down and turn on power-saving features under system preferences.

OP
M

menace3054

Biturbo V12 AMG said:
battery life has to do a lot with your computers settings. i have the same computer as you and i can get 3hours+ no problem. make sure you cut your brightness down and turn on power-saving features under system preferences.

i mean i know that part, but it really takes the fun out of the computer.. i have an astigmatism so when the computer screen gets lowered in brightness, it makes me really need to squint big time to be able to see things. My gf's 12" pb last 4 hours easy on full brightness

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
When I ran the program for both of my batteries it said that they did not need the updater.. so oh well for that :(

OP
M

menace3054

Murlyn said:
When I ran the program for both of my batteries it said that they did not need the updater.. so oh well for that :(

hmm.. maybe the newest revision pbs came with it already.. i remember one of the features of the new pbs was increased batt life.. maybe thats what this update did

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz 15.4" MBP 1.5 GB DDR2 SDRAM
Is this specific for 15" PB's or is there something available for the 17"?

OP
M

menace3054

on the actual software update box it said "battery update for 15" aluminum pbs" when i ran it, it also said update not needed.. wierd

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.