Syncing to both iCloud and iTunes backup

Reaction score
Hey guys... I've probably screwed up big time but here's my story and hopefully someone can help me out! :)

I had both a MacBook (Leopard) and iPhone 4s (iOS5). They worked great with each other until iOS 6 came out for the iPhone. I updated it, but an error popped up mid way and forced me to update by restoring it to the factory settings. After the update, iCloud wouldn't restore my previous information and said that there were no backups, and Apple couldn't help with that, but I couldn't revert back to the version I had on my MacBook because it requires Snow Leopard. After about three weeks, I finally got my copy of Snow Leopard, updated my computer and synched my iPhone with my previous iTunes backup. But in doing so, I lost the three works of information in my phone, which IS currently backed up to iCloud, the latest restoration point being 10/13/12.

I'm having difficulty retrieving information from the iCloud to get the contacts and messages I created in the three weeks between updating to iOS6 on my phone and Snow Leopard on my laptop. Is there any way to restore to both iCloud and iTunes, or do I have to choose one backup over the other?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You don't say what error 'popped' up - which is likely the root of all these issues.

However, I'm a little confused......

You say
iCloud wouldn't restore my previous information and said that there were no backups
but then go on to say
which IS currently backed up to iCloud, the latest restoration point being 10/13/12.

First thing to do is connect to iTunes, right-click the iPhone in the ledft sidebar and choose Backup.

Once done you need to disconnect and reset the iPhone. Once rebooted you'll get the start up assistant ask various things including your Apple ID and whether you want to restore from iCloud. If you have a backup from 13/10/2012 then you'll be able to restore it

NB: you must ensure you are using the same AppleID for iCloud now as you were when the original backup was made.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.