Not able to login in workgroup manager

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a machine which has installed mac os X 10.6.8. we have transferred our server from on location to another due to which we needs to change IP of the machine. After got changed Ip, I am not able to login into workgroup manager using local admin or diradmin as well. I have also checked DNS, It is upto date.

Logs in system are like this,

oct 18 03:54:34 server1 workgroup manager[850]: void -[LoginController gotServerError:forTransaction:] (LoginController*, objc_selector*, objc_object*, XSAdminTransaction*): got error kGotAuthenticationFailure from request (null)

Thanks,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
can you login using the machine name ie server.local. or whatever the machine name is

and make sure the copy of server tools is the same as the server, ie 10.7.5 in case you have upgraded the server

OP
G
Reaction score
cant login using IP as well

Hi louishen,

Yes, I have tryied to login using local server name and DNS name. Even also tryied using IP as well but cant login using any of them. I am succesfully able to ping the server using server name and DNS name.

when I am running changeIP, I got this result. Is it ok if current hostname and DNS hostname are different?

company:~ root# changeip -checkhostname

Primary address = XX.XX.XX.XX

Current HostName = company.vpn
DNS HostName = vpn.mydomainname.com

To fix the hostname please run /usr/sbin/changeip for your system with the
appropriate directory with the following values

/usr/sbin/changeip XX.XX.XX.XX XX.XX.XX.XX company.vpn vpn.mydomainname.com

dirserv:success = "success"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.