How do you make a file always show at the bottom?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.4GHz 8Core 14GB; iPad2 64GB WiFi; iPhone 4S 32GB; iPod Classic 160GB
I was organizing my files on my Mac and I came across a weird issue that I don't know how to resolve.

I wanted to list little used files at the bottom of a list - in fact I ALWAYS want this file to be listed last in this folder. An example of this would be a "storage" folder that I rarely access.

A friend suggested that I use a "z" before the file name but that solution is really clunky. Besides, if I listed the "storage" folder with a "z" it would have come before another file that start with "z" in this folder. I want the "storage" folder listed AFTER the all the other ones.

I know that if I name a file with "_" or a space before it will always go before all other in the list alphabetically, but is there anyway to make a file ALWAYS be listed last?

If anybody has any pointers on this, I would be very appreciative.

Thanx in advance...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not a topic for the "Lounge" forum. Moved here to the proper forum. Please read our forum descriptions before posting. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.