Documents folder on mac troubles

Reaction score
Hey Everyone:
I am new to the forum, and the world of macs, and have a question about something thats really been bugging me lately. First off, I have an Imac, and am currently running snow leopard. A few weeks back, I had inadvertently swiped my mouse in the wrong direction, and had "poofed", (deleted) the dock's shortcut to my documents folder. I figured out how to restore that, but ever since I created the duplicate, It has been acting differently. Prior to this, when a document was placed in the folder, the blue folder with the symbol was still present. I could click on the folder, and the documents appeared above it. Now, when documents are placed in the folder, the blue folder is no longer visible, and I can see the document preview and the documents stacked up on top of each other. Obviously this is by no means a life or death situation, but I would love to hear any advice that you are all willing to give me. Thanks for your help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Right click on the documents folder which is in your dock. Now, select the following: Name, Folder, List. (place a checkmark next to each)

OP
P
Reaction score
Absolutely unbelievable. I have actually been on the phone with apple customer support who could not solve this. I joined the forum not even 30 minutes ago, and it is resolved. Thank you so much. It is immensely appreciated. :D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You're welcome. Have fun and visit often. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Absolutely unbelievable. I have actually been on the phone with apple customer support who could not solve this. I joined the forum not even 30 minutes ago, and it is resolved.

The unbelievable part there is that customer support didn't know what to tell you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.