Please Help! Problems with getting photos from digital camera

C

CP2N

I have a Canon PowerShot S2 IS and use a G5 tower (OSX Tiger). When I download photos from the camera, some of them come out distorted, the wrong colors or pixelated. It doesn't happen with my powerbook, so I asssume there's an issue with my computer. I have all the updates and all the Canon utilities installed. The same thing happens with ImageCapture, iPhoto and Canon's CameraWindow. This used to happen with my old camera too - any ideas??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
by any chance could it be the settings on the monitor?

OP
C

CP2N

What settings could it be? I figured it was more likely an issue with a driver or something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
CP2N said:
What settings could it be? I figured it was more likely an issue with a driver or something.

Since it doesn't happen with your powerbook, I was wondering if it's the monitor for the computer. It could be the drivers.
Have you tried connecting the monitor to the powerbook to see if you get the same problem?

OP
M

MadRhino23

Be sure that your display settings are correct ( System Preferences/Display). Under Display Tab, set color to millions, reset refresh rate and try difrrent RGB settings under color....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.