pages

Reaction score
imac os 10.7.5 struggling to recover some old appleworks files, i was advised here to get pages.i did. good advice! then yesterday i tried to open a pages doc, and i got a message that i have not started my free iWork's trial, so pages won't work till i do.

i know it can be tricky getting pages only without iWork, but i have done that, and paid for it fair and square. since we are not allowed to speak to apple, i depend upon my pals here on the forum to sort it out for me.

also i have (or can't find) no receipt for my pages.

thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Where did you buy Pages from? The Mac App store sells it as a separate app for $19.99. iWork includes Pages, Keynote, and Numbers but is more expensive. It sounds like you have a trial version of Pages not a licensed version.

OP
Z
Reaction score
for 19.95 it is not licensed? doesn't seem fair. when yo buy something it should be- you know, it's paid for so let me use it. or not pretend they have it for sale at this price.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How about telling us where you bought it from? Pages in the Mac App store is $19.99 and is fully licensed. It is not a trial version. If you bought Pages from somewhere else it may be a pirated version.

C

chas_m

Much more likely explaination: the iMac she has CAME WITH a trial for iWork, and she has ALSO bought a copy of Pages from the Mac App Store, and the two are conflicting.

Locate the iWork trial folder and delete it. Don't worry about accidentally trashing the "wrong" copy of Pages -- you can always redownload your purchase from the Mac App Store.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, that makes more sense. Thanks chas.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.