Retrieved iTalk AIFF recording has size, claims "00:00" duration

Reaction score
I recently recorded an important interview for a project using iTalk on my iPhone 4S. When I attempted to sync the file from my phone to my MacBook (OS 10.5.8) something happened and the recording disappeared from the app.

Nonetheless, I was still able to retrieve the file from my phone and save it on my Macbook. However, the recording will not play in any audio application on my computer. The file is the correct size for a file of such length (its 164.9MB) but it claims to have a 00:00 duration. It should be in the 30min to 40min range.

No matter what I do, I cannot get the file to play. Any ideas of what happened and any suggestions to fix it, or is this completely beyond salvaging? I desperately need this recording and any help would me much appreciated!

OP
J
Reaction score
Fixed it!! For anyone else facing similar problems, I used Flv Crunch and converted the AIFF to mp4.

Reaction score
How did you find the recording after it disappeared? I recorded something the other day and it's gone, and not in the deleted files.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.