my mac is not turning on at all and it does a beeping sound instead

Reaction score
Hi there, I had some problem with my macbook pro a while back, in which the screen was getting blank/frozen and I had to force quit it, and when i tried to turn it back on, it started beeping and would not turn on...then I would wait some hours and it would finally turn on. It was acting like this for a while and I managed to fix it by repairing the disk in disk utility and it was working fine...

Now, since yesterday, it started again, and i had to force quit it, but this time, it is not turning on at all anymore, and it only does the beeping sound when I try to turn it on...firts it does one beeping at a time, and then I force quit it again and turn it on again and it does a faster beeping sequence.

Can anyone help me?

my mac info is:

Mac OS X

version 10.6.8

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3

I never did any work on it, never changed anything...it is just like I got it from the shop.

Thanks
:(

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Check the beep codes to decipher what the issue might be to start with - link

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Just a guess, but I'd be willing to bet the memory modules need to be re-seated - particularly if the machine was jostled or dropped at some point before the beeping started.

OP
L
Reaction score
I opened it , took the memory cards out and placed them back on...seems like the plastic device that is supposed to hold the card in place is not working properly, so with a help from a friend, we fixed it so that the card would be safely in place...and so far it is working again.
yes!!!
But will be under observation.
Meanwhile, doing all my backups.
thanks...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.