how to delete Bootcamp

Reaction score
recently I have installed Windows for my bootcamp
and for some reason, deleted the whole drive using terminal (accidentally)
so I have an empty drive that takes up 100 Gs.

I have tried to backup the disk (I didn't know how to use time machine for this)
and my bootcamp became a backup disk for now...

How can I eliminate bootcamp and have my full 320G mac back?
please help :\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Pretty powerful magic that Terminal - will destroy anything. You do have OS X up and running? Go into Utilities and select BootCamp, click as if you were going to install and see if you can get a window showing delete.

OP
A
Reaction score
really?

tried that a few times....
This comes up
"The startup disk must be formatted as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume or already partitioned by Boot Camp Assistant for installing Windows."

do you know another method to do so...:Lips-Are-Sealed:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What version of OS X are you running? It makes a difference on how we go about removing the BC partition....

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You're using Mountain Lion, OK. Boot to your Recovery Partition by pressing Command + R as soon as you hear the Bong! sound. Once in Recovery, select Disk Utility. From Disk Utility, select the Partition tab. Highlight the BC partition and press the minus button at the bottom, select Apply. After that, take hold of the MacIntosh HD partition boundary line with your mouse and drag it to fill the entire drive, then select apply. Exit the Recovery partition and reboot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.