NO Camera found

Reaction score
What seems to be the problem with my Mac? (Mac book pro late 2009, 266)
I plug in my Canon camera and it says..."no camera found". I plug in my iPad and it says the same thing.
Did the fresh install of ML, same with the pram, still nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Don

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Is it saying No Camera Found in Image Capture or something? Does iTunes recognize the insertion of your iPad? Does the USB port you are plugging things into work? Can you plug in a USB flash drive or something else and have it be recognized and function?

OP
D
Reaction score
Is it saying No Camera Found in Image Capture or something? Does iTunes recognize the insertion of your iPad? Does the USB port you are plugging things into work? Can you plug in a USB flash drive or something else and have it be recognized and function?

WOW...thanks for responding so soon!
I can't get any Canon items to go to page. I have to use card instead. And yes, iTunes does recognize that I have the iPad. And yes again, I can use anything in my usb ports and they work fine including flash drives.
Now you have me thinking that it is the Canon software that is causing the issue. Don't know if my limited knowledge is correct or not..

btw....
Thanks for responding so soon.
The issue is like a thorn in my side. :)

Don

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I have a Nikon DSLR and I did install their software to grab the images off the DSLR and do basic photo manipulation, but I found it to be flaky, so I just resort to pulling the SD card out of the DSLR and putting it directly into my iMac and grab the images through Finder or import them into iPhoto from there. Works a lot faster..

Is there anything more you are doing with the Canon software? If it's just to grab images off the camera without taking the card out, you might want to try Image Capture and see if it has better luck talking to the camera..

OP
D
Reaction score
Image capture is what I used to use without any problem at all......until I loaded ML. It comes up without any clicking on an icon. Justs pops up as soon as I plug it in, including the iPad.
But that still does not explain the message that comes up with the iPad.
Do you think the Canon software is interrupting?
btw...
On Canon's web site...claims they will have a "fix" for the issues that ML is creating. Not sure if my particular problem is one of them as they did not elaborate. Towards the end of this month is the due date.

Thanks again for your time!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.