Installing Pages

Reaction score
I suspect I am being stupid asking this question but here goes. I am recent convert to Apple from windows. I have an Apple Macbook pro using Lion. Having signed up for extra storage on iCloud it seemed I needed Pages to upload and sync files. I have purchased and download Pages in iTunes. I am told it should then automatically appear in Launchpad - but it doesn't. How can I install Pages from iTunes? Any help would be appreciated.:'(

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I think you got the wrong version of Pages. The One in the ITunes store is for IOS meaning the iPhone, iPad, ETC. You need the OSX version!

Since you are in Lion, look in Applications of the Dock for the App Store. Open that and there is where you purchase and download Pages for OSX.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I suspect I am being stupid asking this question but here goes. I am recent convert to Apple from windows. I have an Apple Macbook pro using Lion. Having signed up for extra storage on iCloud it seemed I needed Pages to upload and sync files. I have purchased and download Pages in iTunes. I am told it should then automatically appear in Launchpad - but it doesn't. How can I install Pages from iTunes? Any help would be appreciated.:'(

But just before you buy anything else can I just check by what you mean by "it seemed I needed Pages to upload and sync files"?

Because yes, to Sync Pages documents you need a suitable version of Pages, but then if you already had Pages documents I guess you already had Pages so what sorts of files are you wanting to sync exactly?

OP
B
Reaction score
Thank you for your advice and yes I have got the wrong version. I am in the process of trying to get a refund on that so I can get the Mac OSX version. As for what I want to do - it quite simple really. I have worked for many years using MS Office and most of my documents are that format. I simply want to store some of these on iCloud and some are in fair constant use so I would like to ensure any amendments I make are update for either Word or Excel files. I also have quite a few .jpegs I would like to store. Sadly I don't really understand how to do any of this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
If it's images and Office documents you want to store online then I'd suggest iCloud and changes to Pages isn't necessarily the best option.

iCloud is great for keeping settings/info in sync across devices and good for syncing Pages/Numbers and Keynote documents in sync across devices.

If you want to keep using the Office file formats (doc, docx, xlx, xlsx etc) then I'd suggest using a different cloud service like Dropbox, Microsoft Sky Drive, Google Drive or similar.

I'd suggest Dropbox. It's free and installs a small piece of software on your Mac and creates a folder called dropbox.

Save any document into the DropBox folder and it will be synchronised online (in the cloud) with your account on dropbox.com.

These can then be accessed by any device that has internet access.

It's a free service so it'll do no harm to take a look before any further outlay.

OP
B
Reaction score
Good advice. Thank you but am I wrong (now that I have actually purchased additional storage) in assuming I can simply store my files for safekeeping on iCloud and if so is there a good tutorial (preferably video) I can access?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm afraid to say that unlike the other services I've mentioned iCloud is designed to be more of a sync service, based around the Apple product set. So it syncs notes, Pages docs, numbers docs, contacts etc

But what it isn't is advocate online storage so I don't think you're going to be able to use it in the way you want with office docs and as photo storage.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's worth getting in touch with them and explaining. You may get a partial refund.......

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.