Shredder Widget not working with Mountain Lion?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (mid-2014), Intel Core I7, 4 Cores, 2.5GHz, 16 GB Mem 500 SSDSophos10.8.2, iPhone 7Plus
When I click and move a file from the Finder into the Dashboard Shredder Widget using F12, the Shredder indicates, "Not Undoable" but the file is not shredded. Anyone having the same problem? Is it Mountain Lion? Do you think it has anything to do with iCloud?
The Shredder worked with 10.4.

C

chas_m

As this is a third-party widget, you would want to check with the developer to see if they ever made a Mountain Lion update for it.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (mid-2014), Intel Core I7, 4 Cores, 2.5GHz, 16 GB Mem 500 SSDSophos10.8.2, iPhone 7Plus
Thanks. Sent email to Interdimension Media, the developer. Will post the reply when received.

Reaction score
When I click and move a file from the Finder into the Dashboard Shredder Widget using F12, the Shredder indicates, "Not Undoable" but the file is not shredded. Anyone having the same problem? Is it Mountain Lion? Do you think it has anything to do with iCloud?
The Shredder worked with 10.4.

I'm having the same problem. Did you get any answer from the developer??

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry for the delay. Have been away from forum. The answer is No. I have not heard from the developer.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New information I discovered. Don't need Shredder widget!
Go to Finder help and type in "secure". You will find a process for secure overwriting of trash files and other alternatives.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
New information I discovered. Don't need Shredder widget!
Go to Finder help and type in "secure". You will find a process for secure overwriting of trash files and other alternatives.

The shredder app has more than likely used these methods in the background since its creation.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reply to Travelinjack

Never received an answer from the developer. As suggested by Dysfunction, the widget likely used the option in the Finder to securely delete documents.

Reaction score
Here's a reply from the developer

Here's a reply from the developer:

On Jan 23, 2013, at 12:16 PM, Eben Eliason <[email protected]> wrote:

Hey Mark,

I'm really sorry about that. I've been looking into the problem over the past month or so, and as far as I can tell, support for dropping files on widgets has been dropped in Mountain Lion. It seems that this change may have been accidental, as even Apple's own widgets which support drag and drop are broken. For instance, you're supposed to be able to drop an image on the Tile Game widget — the cursor changes on hover, but the image does not change on drop as expected.

I think all widgets which require drag and drop to function, including many of mine, are out of commission until Apple releases an update to fix the problem.

Sorry!
Eben

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.