Keyboard isn't working

Reaction score
I spilled a bit of water on my macbook pro's keyboard, and after drying it, it was fine for a while. Then my O key wouldn't work, followed by P key. I restarted the computer and now the entire keyboard doesn't work.

I can't even get past the password request section! I'm freaking out! Help please!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Spills are always unpredictable and have a way of causing problems long after it occurred. Your best bet right now is to make sure everything is dried out and then replace the keyboard. If you're lucky, the water didn't damage anything on the logic board which is directly underneath the keyboard.

OP
A
Reaction score
Hopefully it didn't. I was able to get a usb keyboard for now and I'll be taking it to the applestore tomorrow. How would I know if something in the logic board got damaged?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you're taking it to the Apple store tomorrow, they'll tell you if anything on the logic board was damaged. Don't be surprised at the price they quote you for repairs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.