macbook a1181 sound card driver

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
That is going to be a hard one to answer.

Is Windows the ONLY OS you have on that Macbook? Did it come with OSX and an OSX DVD? I know on the earlier Intel Macs drivers for Windows XP were on the OSX DVD somewhere. You booted into OSX and inserted the DVD and the drivers for Windows showed up.

Am searching and will get back to you if I find the exact chipset.

OP
L
Reaction score
thanks man.....only windows xp os running on my macbook...no osx....ill wait for your rply for the exact chipset

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
thanks man.....only windows xp os running on my macbook...no osx....ill wait for your rply for the exact chipset

Did you try to open the hardware tree in Windows XP and see what it identified the audio as? (control panel, system, hardware)

OP
L
Reaction score
still waiting for the drivers...plz someone could tell me what is the correct driver or manufacturer of this sound card...thank in advance

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The problem is you're only running Windows on a Mac. You've made it hard for yourself.....

Try this free App. I used to use something like it when I ran Windows and got the exclamation ! or unknown device: LINK

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.