• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Using powerbook as a monitor for video??????

• Thread starter wwildwood@dodo.
  • Start date
W

wwildwood@dodo.

Gday,
Does anyone know how I can simply use my 'book as a monitor with my HD camera?
I am filming my son's tennis matches for instant review and when I use imovie it takes forever to import the HD content (not to mention using up my hard drive).
I would like to simply use the 'book as a monitor so he can quickly review his previous match before he goes back on court for his next one.
I use a Sony HDR-HC1E.
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
This is not possible to do with the PowerBook.
You would need to purchase a monitor for this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
wow technology moves FAST, 1 hour and they already have a product for your solutions..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
lol its bee able to do that for a while. its just that it only says that it can on the physical box rather than on the website

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.