printer problems

Reaction score
I upgraded my MacBook Pro to OS 10.7.5 in the summer. I used my printer (HP Deskjet 1055) on my old OS with no issues. I haven't been in need of my printer so I hadn't yet tried to install the driver for the printer on OS 10.7.5. When I just tried to do so, I was told that I cannot now use that printer on 10.7.5, that I must upgrade to OS 10.8 or I will not be able to use my printer. I was shocked! How is it that I could use it on OS 10.6, but cannot on 10.7.5 and need to upgrade to 10.8??????? Is this just a ploy by Apple and/or HP to force me purchase 10.8? I contacted HP Support and they took control of my laptop for a few minutes and then gave me a long list of what they say are corrupted files so until I fix them (at a cost of $249.99), I cannot even upgrade to 10.8. I sense a scam here and am not at all impressed. Can anyone tell me how to install my HP Deskjet 1055 on OS 10.7.5? They HP website only offers a driver for OS 10.8. Something is VERY fishy here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Did you try and set it up with the built in Print and scan preference pane, that should download the driver for you

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Forget what HP told you, and no one is forcing you to upgrade to Mountain Lion if you don't wish to. There are drivers for your HP which will work. Go to this LINK and download the Gutenprint drivers for Lion and ML.

OP
G
Reaction score
Forget what HP told you, and no one is forcing you to upgrade to Mountain Lion if you don't wish to. There are drivers for your HP which will work. Go to this LINK and download the Gutenprint drivers for Lion and ML.

Thanks. Will give this a try. Appreciate your help! :)

OP
G
Reaction score
Did you try and set it up with the built in Print and scan preference pane, that should download the driver for you

Tried that and only the driver for use with 10.8 appeared. Others "no longer available". What a crock!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.